Thursday 10 December 2015

Thinking about what they think about you?



I was thinking randomly on my way back home from the market and the question above struck me. This single random thought didn’t just fade away like most other thoughts did. It took me back to the days I used to be a novice when it came to public speeches. Back then, anyone could speak better than I did. When exaggerated.

I would suddenly become  a stammerer when called upon and would even speak what wasn't intended and end up passing out inferior messages. This happened over and over and over again until these certain realizations came up to me:
-  I realized that when I spoke in public I was actually thinking about what the audience was thinking about me and what I said.
- I realized that my bad eloquence in pubic came about when I tried using big vocabularies which did’t even really matter.
- I further realized that while I was looking at everybody, I was also looking at nobody.
This incapability of mine really bothered me for a  while until I finally learnt how to overcome it.

Well, I’m not here to talk about myself, my achievements, nor  my abilities. I’m actually here to let you know that what others take you for doesn’t matter as much as the mindset you have about yourself. Most of the time, they don’t matter at all.

Having emotional intelligence is one of the antidotes I know about when it comes to our relationships with people  -  knowing their emotions and reacting effectively towards them. Acting effectively could include: leaving them alone when necessary, engaging them into something that could relieve them of their pain, just anything worth doing to help.

 I really hope you do well to know how to act effectively with people’s thoughts about you with this piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment