Tuesday 15 December 2015

Respect Or Fear?



These are two similar words which usually have exchanged meanings amongst some people. I have made observations on this many times but with one outstanding one. One which I encountered during my Industrial Training in college.

During the training, the boss at work was a type of man who always wanted to see the workers at work even though the work for the day was finished. He always talked and complained as though talking was part of the work. He would always walk fast and briskly past the receptionist section, through to his office and almost doesn’t recognize his workers when he walks in. He was always up and doing, hard working at all times and wanted his workers to be just like that in all circumstance. And he was also not good at reading emotions. All these qualities caused most of the workers to fear him resulting to bad relationship with his workers less productivity.

Within those few periods; during the training and from other events of life, I realized that a more productive work is attained when people ( especially leaders) are respected rather than being feared. Things work out just as negotiated when one is in good terms with others. Freer interaction, cheerfulness, good thoughts, good health, name it. Life is not supposed to be stressed as a lot of persons think it. You are only supposed to do the best you can.

I personally hate it when I’m feared instead of being respected especially among my peers. This is because like many others, it makes me feel outcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment