Saturday 16 January 2016

Why my parents took me to School



Some years ago I had this common notation with my school-sponsors about going to school. I was thought or made to go to school basically to: read, pass my exams, make good grades, and then get well paid job after school. I was thought that it was of great importance to emerge one of the best in class as to have an edge over other students. I was also thought that the jobless one on the streets are those that either didn't do well in school or did not have the opportunity to enroll into a school.

These thoughts of my sponsors really made it's way through my mentality. It happened that I would go to school principally to do just the above things. This hobby was one that existed quite through my high school days and a brief period in my stay in the University days. I enjoyed doing just that because I was always among the toppers whenever I did just that and most certainly, I don't live to retain for long whatever it was I read in that manner - afterall, I've had my good grades I would think.

But then, what was the essence of it all? Was it influencing me positively or not? Was it worthwhile being in school if that was just the only way I could learn? Was it going to make me a better person in the later future? All these and many more similar questions crossed my mind when I realized that all were perditions. 100% in vain. How amazing it was to make these realizations and what great freedom I felt when I became me. Really.

I then started doing the things I've been leaving behind. I started to pick up friends I dropped along the path of fake success. I started to enjoy living to it's summit. I started to learn the skills I had kept waiting. It's never all about going to make the best results I thought to myself. It's not how many times I've being recognized as the best student or the best graduate I would think. And here is what I would say to the world out there:

"Schooling isn't for everybody. All fingers are not and were never designed equal. The best way to make it through life is to understand yourself and just be yourself. Don't live to please others, especially when it doesn't pay good. Life presnts everyone with many choices, but only a few are good ones and our duty is to recognise them; and the earlier you do that, the better for you. It may take years, it may take months, it may take days, it doesn't just matter how long. All you always have to do is to remain resilient and push it forward, it surely would come when the ti,e is due. And if you think that school isn't designed for you, very well my dear friend all you have to do is to drop out and live the life you are designed for. Although this might seem uneasy to do, but it's for your own good my good friend. I wish you well in finding your loved life  and hope you never give up."



No comments:

Post a Comment